A few of you have not completed the Google Form letting me know your project title and url link. Please submit this as soon as possible. Also remember that this is the final project for the semester. The week after Thanksgiving is our last week of classes. You need to plan to attend every day, even days you are not presenting. Late passes will not be accepted in order for you to provide feedback to classmates (and out of respect.) I expect you will take this seriously.
At this point, you and your group should have completed the following sections of you project:
- Show What You Know
Today, we will work on both the Finding a Career and Parent Teacher Letter portion of the project.
Finding a Career
In this section, you
- Give children information on answering these types of questions as a career. (Example: sound: audiologist, musician; weather: meteorologist, climatologist, etc.)
- Link to sites about the career, conduct a brief interview with someone in the field – include a picture if possible.
Go ahead and preview an example of a former student’s Finding a Career page.
Parent Teacher Letter
In this section, you will write a letter to parents/teachers with the following in mind:
- An introduction to the adventure for parents: purpose of activities, helpful hints, materials needed, what sections need parental guidance, opportunities for extension (field trips, additional books, etc.), include a list of book titles that relate to the question.
- Rather than simply listing what you find on Amazon – search the Athens library and the CMC – find good books, not just books on the topic.
- Include learning objectives if applicable. You may choose to write some general or specific learning goals for your adventure.
Go ahead and preview an example of a former student’s Parent Teacher Letter.
Author Introductory Video Outline
Let’s start an outline for the author introductory video. Then on Wednesday, we will start planning/recording the video. You can check out this example video to help you think about a possible structure for your own video.
By Monday, you and your group should have completed the following sections of you project:
- Show What You Know
- Apply (Finding a Career)
- Parent Teacher Letter
We will use our time Wednesday for our introductory videos. Make sure you are ready to plan/record on Wednesday and Friday – this means finalizing your outline and checking out a camera from OIT if needed. You can check out video cameras from OIT for five days. You may want to do some additional recording over the weekend if you do not finish in class.
Remember that we will have 2 guests with us on Monday to conduct an activity concerning Meaningful Learning with Technology. It is very important that you try and be on time because Dr. Kopcha and Dr. Baser will need to get started right away.
FOOD and PRESENTATION ORDER
Project Schedule (Looking Ahead)
Here’s the link to the rubric and you can see below for the schedule wrapping up our semester.
4/15 – Meaningful Learning with Technology – Dr. Kopcha and Dr. Baser
4/17 – Author Introduction Videos (Workday)
4/19 – Finalize your Learning Adventure (Workday)
4/22 – 4/26 – Learning Adventures Showcase (Final Group Presentations) – I love this week!!! Plan to bring food!!!
Monday, April 22
Maria Salazar: hEAlThy
Maggie McNamara: Sonic BOOM
Jess Charmoli, Lindsey Anderson, Carly Knight, & Hayley Burr: The Dawg Pound
Leah Maloney: College Finder
Wednesday, April 24
Shane Wilson, Matt Cleaver, Wade Voyles, & Brian Detweiler: Defining Sports
Hali Flickinger: Athletic Nutrition
Emma Sonnett: Exploration of Disney
Camille Aig-Imoukhuede: Feed Me Good Food
Friday, April 26
Gary Burger: Video Game Adventures
Rashan Brown: Road To Moscow
Brandon Hodges: Re:birth
Palmer Betts: Need Site Info